Simple access to SAP via JCo

Rund um Java und SAP®.

Simple access to SAP via JCo

Postby Raul4298 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:13 pm

Hi there !
Does anyone could give me detailled informations about the technical requirements of a small an lean possibility to evaluate JCo ON MY DESKTOP.

As far as I know, there exists a so-called MiniSAP, which could be bought bundeled with some books of SAP. Is that sufficent to check JCo out or will I need some stuff aside of this ?

Does anyone know about the possibilities of the early release of WAS 6.30 in terms of my question above ? To my knowledge WAS will not make it alone (so you have to have some SAP access at the backhand).

I'm already provided with JCo by a customer.

Thanxx in advance

seneca
Raul4298

Postby Christian4831 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:39 pm

Hi Seneca,

if you already have configured JCo on your desktop and have a MiniSAP installation there should no problems to test it. Hence MiniSAP is absolutely sufficient to test JCo.

Regarding WAS 6.30 there will be a full Java development environment based upon Eclipse that comprises several SAP plugins. These plugins provide several tools like e.g. a JCo proxy generator, a built-in CVS and a MVC based UI framework (WebDynpro). All these tools ease the SAP based Java development. Once you have installed the while WAS 6.30 stuff there will be no more need to configure JCo manually as it will be installed too.

best regards,

Tim
Christian4831

Thanxx

Postby Alva1590 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:42 am

Hi Tim,

thanxx a lot for information. Just one last question, what modules are covered within MiniSAP ?

Maybe I could do you a favour with the following link:
http://www.brockhaus-gruppe.de/Training ... m.SAP.html

Look right at the download area. There you will find about 150 pages of a SAP-Java Introduction.

Take care, Seneca
Alva1590

Postby Christian4831 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:32 am

Hi Seneca,

the MiniSAP just contains basis and ABA (Application Basis) functions, function modules and BAPIs. There are no application modules (FI,MM,CO,..) existing. But actually I don't know which functions are contained in detail inside the MiniSAP.

Thanks for the link. If you want any further infos about JCo you might have a look under http://service.sap.com/connectors. There you are able to download JCo with an included tutorial and of course the API Javadoc.

best regards,

Tim
Christian4831

Return to Java & SAP®